Friday 23 September 2011

Hot mermaids

Today my best friend and I had a fantastic day in Copenhagen. The weather was great, only with a few clouds every now and then, one or two little showers, and for the season high temperatures. We saw lots of blue sky, beginning of fall colouring on the trees, and hardly no tourists! Visiting such a place as the Little Mermaid you can usually count on meeting masses of tourists.

The other day Vix of Building a Colorful Life talked about how hot mermaids are at the moment, as well as 40's colours and dresses. Inspired by this I had to take advantage of my proximity to this, the most famous of all mermaids.

I gave my friend permission to take all the photos she wanted, and she kind of went berserk. Here's a few to give you an idea of the wonderful day we had.









This last mermaid is NOT the Little Mermaid but some souvenir shop's way of catching people's attention, and it works!

The day also included a very delicious seaside lunch and a visit to a very special jewelry shop. I wish I could have taken photos of the jewelry but I couldn't bring myself to asking for permission. The sales assistant was extremely service minded. She even let us into the studio to see the stock gemstones as well as future pieces. Since I don't have any photos of my own of the jewelry I have found some on Google. These are all statement pieces, over sized and expensive. But they have a great sale in November. I'm not buying anymore clothes until after that!








The name of the jewelry company is Monies and the name is after a Portuguese ancestor. Check out their online shop, it's something special.

Have a great weekend everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Oh, you have made my morning with these "Mermaid Twins" photos!

    That shot of you by the railing is especially siren-esque, though we may have moved from the 40s into the 50s a la Ms M Monroe....

    Thanks also for the jewelry shots; leaving cost aside for the moment, I fear I'd be swamped by them -- but I certainly enjoy their sculptural aspect. Will look forward to seeing what, if anything, comes home with you at sale time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have just found your comment, and I am so glad to visit to your blog.
    I adore the necklace.
    You haven´t set the followers gadget so we can follow.
    Do keep in touch.
    Besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete