Saturday 31 March 2012

Dressed for lunch date with best friend

Friday was a day off, both for me and my best friend - so we had a lunch planned, with a bit of shopping if we weren't too stuffed. Comfortable shoes and a dress to cover the belly - perfect!



After a beef burger de luxe and a huge strawberry cake I managed to buy a new mascara, a small bottle of perfume and three pairs of tights!

As usual there's a close up of the bangles of the day:




This is it for now - tomorrow is going to be tough - visiting a close family member in hospital, again, in a very critical condition. I desperately want to be strong and instill hope, but fear that I will break down in tears instead. I realize that this is a part of life we all have to face at some point, and that I have been blessed so far. But that doesn't make it any easier.

Hope everyone's weekend will be better than mine!

6 comments:

  1. I pray that your visit went or goes well. We had lunch out today and was so sleepy afterwards that I lost all urge to shop...though I found a bargain or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terri - the visit went ok - and I was so tired I too fell asleep.

      Delete
  2. I hope your visit goes well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie, yes it went all right although I'm not exactly looking forward to a repetition.

      Delete
  3. I hope all went well for you today. I think just that visit with your family helps to bring them and you some comfort, even if you are crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Barbara, I know that the visit was much appreciated, and I did manage to fight off the tears until the lobby. I'm quite proud of that!

      Delete