Friday 13 April 2012

My blog just turned one year!

One year ago I looked very different from now. Since then my wardrobe has changed and I have changed. Below is a "before" photo from April last year.





Last year I discovered that my idea of how I looked was far from reality - I wasn't as colourful as I thought, and I didn't look as polished or as original as I hoped.




Until I started this blog shopping was so difficult. My wadrobe had many orphans and a lot of items that were worn out, outdated or too small. That has changed - now I buy things that will work with what I already have.

Some time ago I decided that my colours are Soft Summer. I have visited the 12blueprints blog many times as I like the idea that any season can have any eye and hair colour - that it's all in the skin and only to be determined by trying on the colours.

Dressing for my shape was another issue that I needed to address. T-shirts without any shape or waist definition are out of the question, as are boxy jackets and high necklines.

There's still along way to go, but I've taken the first steps towards building a wardrobe that allows me to dress in a style that truly expresses my personality or how I wish others to perceive me.

Along the way I have gained confidence (and weight). I'm not afraid to stand out, and I look much like the fantasy image I had in mind before.



Looking at photos of myself has helped a great deal, but without all you bloggers out there nothing in my world would have changed.

You have inspired and encouraged me. I have found lots of valuable advice and helpful guides. Above all I meet only respect and support, so THANK YOU!

Here's a few more "after" photos:








During the next year I'll focus on becoming a better photographer - as well as being an active part in the blogging community. I love following blogs, commenting others and getting comments.

I guess all there's left to say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! I somehow missed that you'd made such a huge style shift...I never would have guessed that you dressed more "modern classic blah blah" (aka more like me) just a year ago as you pull out and off some BOLD outfits, woman!

    How wonderful that you feel your inner and outer sides match up so much better. Looking forward to seeing how you settle in to your style in Year 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Vix! Your version of modern classic is always beautiful and there'll certainly be outfits ahead inspired by you! Also, if I ever get to have money for it, a Missoni product is on top of my wishlist!

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary! I found the same--that having readers comment really helped my style grow from invisible to something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! Somehow it's just so much easier to get proper feedback from "strangers" on the internet than from friends and family who are afraid to hurt your feelings. Maybe it's also easier to admit one's insecurities...

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary!! You inspire me! You are definitely a stand-out in the best sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Melanie! I never imagined that I would be an inspiration to anyone - I feel honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog anniversary Tine! You have made such a nice progress with your style and your blog. It has been fun to follow your style journey this last year, so count me in for the next year(s) to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna! It's been so nice to have your support, and I really hope we can meet this summer in Copenhagen!

      Delete
  6. Hi again Tine, any plans for the 9th or 10th of June? My conference starts in the late afternoon on the 10th of June and I am planing to come on day early to meet another friend of mine and you, if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 9th. of June is perfect! Just let me know if there's anything in particular you're interested in seing/buying/tasting/watching... I've lived my whole adult life in and around Copenhagen so I have a good idea where to find things. And of course I'm ordering a good dosis of hot summer weather this very instant!

    ReplyDelete