Monday 24 September 2012

colour texture pattern shine

Although I'm not a big fan of Stacy and Clinton from American What Not To Wear, I do think their mantra: Colour, Texture, Pattern, Shine is a good tool when putting outfits together.

Today I got my green collection out! So I had colour - texture came from the velvet jacket, pattern from the kaftan and shine from the shoes.



The green collection with black shoes






































Of course I do have more green pieces than these, but these are the favorites! I'm ashamed to admit that this jacket has been waiting for a button replacement for a couple of years... See how it looks from the back:


Very fitted at the waist...






































I know that I was very visible because I had elevator-eyes following me all day long, even without the jacket on! Therefore this is the obvious candidate for Visible Monday at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style blog!


Silk kaftan from Tone Barker






































The silk kaftan is from Tone Barker, a Danish brand. I have no idea where she has her things manufactured - if it's here in Denmark or in Poland, China or somewhere else. The design is brilliant as I can choose if I want to tie it in the back or in the front, or just leave loose.


Today - tied in the back







































The fabric of the kaftan is a devoré silk. I tried to take photos, but the fabric just looked flat. When I get the chance I'll borrow my husbands camera and lens, and get you a proper photo. Instead you can have another look at the velvet jacket and my rings!


The rings match the silk scarf, nice?

























Friday's and Saturday's dinners changed dates with each other, so Friday I had to just throw something on in a couple of minutes (husbands sometimes overestimate their wives' telepathic abilities)! Saturday I wore what was planned, but was in a rush since plans were changed again, and deadline shortened by 2 hours! Here's how I looked, stressed but dressed!


Dress that needs to be aired once a week






































Friday, going for dinner at friends house in the countryside, called for jeans, and my new warm jacket (not worn inside the house though!) and red lips!



New Marks & Spencer jacket






































The jacket is so lightweight and still warm that I don't know how I've survived without it! The buttons are not quite my style, but I've been too busy to care about it. And last time I replaced buttons it took me like two years!


Here's a close up, showing you the quilt, and my red lips!


Friday night in the countryside outfit!






































Now I'm headed over to Patti's Visible Monday party to see what everybody else have come up with!


Wishing you all a lovely week!


37 comments:

  1. So many great looks here! I love the greens, esp the wonderful jacket. And the striped dress, and the quilted jacket -- you are having a lot of fun with your wardrobe, and looking fabulous I think. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday : >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Patti! I do like remixing clothes and get "new" outfits out of them!

      Delete
  2. You are looking fabulous! I have an eerily similar green velvet blazer I look forward to wearing when weather permits, but with nothing as amazing as your silk kaftan (!) to layer underneath.

    I adore your incredibly flattering striped dress ensemble with the wonderful colours of the floral jacket. You are also fantastic at colour coordination in your final look, which is lovely.

    Great post showcasing so many excellent looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amber! I do find that colourful outfits speak to me in another way than neutral ones, so coordinating colours is a bit of a passion!

      I'd love to see your velvet blazer!

      Delete
  3. Love your red lips; I just got a new red lipstick this weekend and I think it's so fab for fall.

    I also love that velvet blazer; what an amazing fit! I've been looking to thrift one for ages, but you've convinced me to try harder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Gracey! Mine is bought at a flea market some years ago - so there's hope for you too!

      Would you believe it - this red lipstick is my first ever truly red lipstick? All the others have been pink and dusty purple!

      Delete
  4. You look lovely in green, the mix of fabrics in the outfit is gorgeous. And I always have special love for your stripey dress, especially when you pair it with orange tights, they are just fab!
    And yes yes yes to more red lipstick, it really suits you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Curtise! You certainly haven't seen the last of the striped dress - it keeps calling to me, and wants to be worn around once pr week!

      Delete
  5. Great combination!. The silk caftan is stunning.

    Nora

    http://notenora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nora! It is a treasured item - beautiful and comfortable, who can ask for more?

      Delete
  6. i love your the combination of your green velvet jacket with this wonderful kaftan. you look so cute! and you give me inspiration to mix my brown jacket with a long tunic! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sabine! I'll be looking out for you in that outfit - it sounds lovely and very appropriate for autumn!

      Delete
  7. Love the phrase--stressed, but dressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terri, for spending time and energy on my blog, with your broken wrist!

      You know how it is, getting ready in the last minute - it takes some time to calm down again!

      Delete
  8. The mantra 'color, texture, pattern, shine' has a ring to it and I will tuck that away in a brain file, hoping that I can retrieve it in the future. All three of your ensembles are excellent and I noticed your red lips right away. And I love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Judith! I think the mantra can be very helpful if an outfit looks boring.

      Delete
  9. Oooh, you red-lipped vixen. Love that! The kaftan is amazing. No wonder people were watching! And I love your orange with that dress. The way you punch everything up with colour is inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melanie! If I'm inspired it's thanks to you (and other lovely bloggers), and your wonderfully creative outfits!

      Delete
  10. Det er spændende den måde du sætter sammen på. Flot Tone Barker kaftan, og så er det lige mig de orange strømper, tørklæde og stribet kjole. Det er meget smukt til dig. Jeg så med det samme, at den røde læbestift passer til din bluse og jakken er super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusind tak Anne-Marie! Den stribede kjole bliver vist snart slidt op - jeg bruger den så tit!

      Delete
  11. Wonderful layering going on, my friend, ahhhhhhhh In love with your kaftan.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sacramento! Layering hasn't been my strong point before, so these are my first lucky steps into that world!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan! It's such a favorite, I can't help wearing it regularly!

      Delete
    2. I was just re reading this, and I have to agree with you, I don't like stacy and clinton either, I feel like they're too old fashioned for fashion. They don't step outside of the box..

      Delete
    3. My words exactly! And I'm even older than the both of them!

      Delete
  13. OBBBSESSED with your colors and how even your socks are neon green! SOOOOOO AMAZZZING! And that caftan is gorgeous!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Girls! I do love playing with colour!

      Kisses to you too!

      Delete
  14. I have never seen Stacy and Clinton (yes, it is true!), but I am a big fan of Trinny and Susannah, and I think you are very good at adapting to their mantra - color with color, although I suppose given that they are British would say colour with colour. As always you look great in the striped dress, the red/purple top, and in red lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna, for taking the time - I know you're very busy these days!

      Without trying to offend anyone I always see Stacy and Clinton as a "shadow" of Trinny and Susannah! I do like their mantra though. I find it very useful when an outfit is dull and I can't see what's missing.

      Colour/color/potato/potato!!!

      Colour with colour is what got me hooked at first. Then came the body shapes and all that!

      Delete
  15. Thank you very much Jen, and a warm welcome!

    I just had a look at your blog, and I loved your combined photo-drawing! How on earth do you do that? It's marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous outfits one and all. I think the one with pink is my favorite. Like you, I love pattern and color. My life would be really boring without it.

    Your hair looks so pretty in these pictures. It looks so soft and has such lovely curl.

    I haven't tried red lips, but I just might follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Debbi! It was a big step for me to wear the red lipstick instead of my usual pink and plum! It's so much more eye catching and takes a lot more confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZA!!!!!! That green attire is divine!!!!!!! Im so blown away by it, Im outh of breath!! Good gracious me, you have outdone yourself this time! :) xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Izzy! I hope you haven't fainted by now!

      Delete
  19. I have a great black and white wraparound dress that I never thought to wear with bright tights. I have been educated!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much! Only happy to help!

    ReplyDelete