Monday 10 September 2012

Red Sunday, Green Monday

As  I was going to an exhibition of contemporary Indian art yesterday I thought I'd turn up the colour volume, so I wouldn't disappear in the expected colour explosion - and good thing I did! Here's how I looked:


Eyecatching colours







































It turned out to be a fantastic experience! A large part of the exhibition was couture dresses, that draw a rather large crowd. Among the designers were: Little Shilpa, Prashant Verma, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and my favorite: Manish Arora!

A few years ago I saw a dress with a circus tent by Manish Arora, and I've loved his designs ever since. I've used PicMonkey for the collages, to save space. Quite unfair to the other artists have I chosen to show only Manish Arora's work in this first series of photos.


Circus dress























The Blue sequined dress is from SS 2011. The craftsmanship that these dresses have taken is amazing.


Miami skyline?






















Sequins, crystals, clock parts?






















Vinyl and PU






















Silk and sequins






















Shoulder details







































Details of Manish Arora and Sabyasachi Mukherjee






















I'm actually quite lazy, so I'm giving you the museum's introduction to Manish Arora, sorry! No, really my daughter is home with a cold after a weekend in the Swedish forrests, and she needs pampering.































Back to ordinary dressing: There are a few details from yesterday's outfit - the (almost) ever present black and yellow bangles, and the quiet new yellow bag.



Asos bag, Evans, H&M and gifted bangles, Evans rings


























Inspired by yesterday's outfit, I wore the green version of the red dress today. I did leave out the bangles, and added two little necklaces instead. The last two days have been unusually warm for the season, 25 degrees Celcius - 77 degrees Fahrenheit. That was just the opportunity I needed to not pack my ballet flats away for the winter! I didn't take photos as they appeared on the blog last week! But here's the green outfit for you:


Green outfit







































I think a close up of the necklaces is in order, click on the picture and it enlarges:



Zara necklace and homemade Coral necklace

















Just to give a hint on whats in store in my next post I've made an "appetizer" collage...


Preview of next post's pictures







































Hope you've all enjoyed the little tour. Should anyone have time to spend around Copenhagen I can only recommend this exhibition (at the museum Arken, just South of the city).

Now I'm hurrying over to Patti's Visible Monday party at Not Dead Yet Style - there's a crowd there, that just brightens up my Mondays with lots of great outfits and thoughtful comments!

Come join the fun!


25 comments:

  1. The exhibition is really brilliant! I had not known this designer before, but I did think of Lady Gaga when I saw some of these fabulous creations. Your own look is quite colorful and fabulous too - thanks so much for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patti! Sadly the fabric of both dresses have started to show signs of wear so it may be the last time you see them!

      Delete
  2. That carousel dress is so clever, but it is the 4th dress that MOST catches my eye. You are a vision of beautiful color yourself to attend this exhibit. Looking forward to tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Terri! I too loved the cut-out gold dress - it had the most beautiful silhouette and that incredible lace-like detailing!

      Delete
  3. WOW! I am sitting here with my mouth open. Incredible. And also an amazing way to disguise larger hips. :-) Clock parts and that lion on the shoulder, how can I help but SMILE. Btw, I clicked on the photo to see you up close. Such a cute little face and beautiful blue eyes. A very sweet soul I believe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachel! He does bring out his sense of humor in his work! I'm sure I'm not the one to judge if my soul is sweet or not..!

      Delete
  4. I love that you wore a lot of color to go see a lot of color. You look great and that exhibit looks absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Gracey! I hope you like the next post too!

      Delete
  5. I love the colors very fitting for an Indian Art exhibit. I am always mind blown by the beauty and color of almost everything Indian. It's on wish list of places to go. Thanks for the mini tour. Those dresses are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope your daughter feels better.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Yes, she is feeling a little better, but still bad enough to have Mom go get all sorts of things for her!

      Naturally I've been dreaming of visiting India too, but I'm not sure if I have the courage to face the extreme poverty and pollution that is now a conspicuous part of the country.

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing such beautiful pieces of art with us.
    Love both of your colorful outfits. They look comfortable and fashionable. The best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Debbi! Both outfits were almost as good as wearing a maxi! I hope you like the next post as well!

      Delete
  7. There's so much here to comment on! I would love to see such a beautiful exhibit! Your outfits are lovely; the tunic with pants is a favorite of mine. You look artistic and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jean! It is one of the best exhibitions ever - everything was so beautiful, thought provoking and moving. I hope you like part too as well!

      Delete
  8. Hi, I found your site via Visible Monday. I haven't been here before, so I wanted to say first off that I love your banner with the fun colored tights and shoes. I love Indian colors and clothing designs so I was happy to read about the exhibition. Love the vinyl cut-out dress. I can only imagine how beautiful the craftsmanship is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Joyatri! It was awesome to see up close how much work had gone into producing these fantastic pieces.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous in pink and blue. Thank you for sharing the gorgeous pics, and for your lovely comment.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sacramento! I hope you like part two of the exhibition as well!

      Delete
  10. Oh my eyes my eyes, I think you have outdone yourself this time!! :) Im crazy about the pink dress along with purple and yellow, brilliant!! Keep it up! ;) Love the mono green look too, perfect with the coral neck splash. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Monica! I'll do my best, although it's the end of both dresses. When I took them of I noticed on both of them that the jersey fabric is showing clear signs of wear. That's the consequence of buying cheap!

      Delete
  11. The exhibition looks amazing, the vinyl dress is a stunner.
    Love both colour versions of your dress-over-leggings look - you could alternate the colours so you have a pink/green version too!
    Cute little ballet flats, and I see you are getting very good use out of your yellow bag. Some items just work with everything, it's a kind of sartorial magic! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Curtise! I've been searching for a yellow bag for a long time, and it really filled a gap!

      The gold vinyl dress was unbelievably beautiful, both the elegant silhouette and the lace-like details!

      Delete
  12. Wow this exhibition is amazing, i wish i was there - Thank you for sharing and i will look for more on this designer, so fabulous -

    I love your outfits, i adore the facts that you have them in 2 colors, a true girly girl you are! I love it!

    Ariane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ariane! I was truly in art-heaven at that exhibition! I hope you'll enjoy part two as well.

      Sadly both dresses have become so worn out that I don't like to wear them anymore. I think the fabric was just too cheap!

      Delete