Wednesday 26 September 2012

SJP, YSL, HM - so many letters...

Red and pink combinations have fascinated me for a long time now - and I still can't get enough! Last year I bought a dress from H&M, that didn't fit. Prior I had found photos of a vintage Yves Saint Laurent dress, and later Sarah Jessica Parker. I knew what I wanted, but didn't find it.


Red and pink inspiration





















That was until yesterday! I've had the skirt for a long time, the jacket too (you've seen it a few times on the blog lately), but the top is new - and it does it's job very well!


Finally!






































The red colour isn't my best but with this jacket, or maybe a scarf, I think I can carry it off. The boots are my very old Footprints, by Birkenstock.


The jacket connects the top and skirt very nicely


























In the zig-zag pattern of the jacket there's a lot of burgundy so I'm now looking for a burgundy top to wear with the skirt - which I think would look great too.

Of course the outfit would be nothing without my ring!


Currently favorite ring

























Today I dropped all colours and went for an all beige outfit, well except for the boots! Although this beige outfit is neutral, and in theory should be quite discrete, I did cause a stir - again!


Beige skirt and top, new boots






































The silver boots was today's eye magnet! The silk scarf is a gift from my daughter, and I love it, but it didn't get much attention.


Not your usual silver boot






































The boots are from Irregular Choice, and I bought them on the spring sale. They're very warm, lined with fur, and loose fitting and comfortable.



Cheese and beans

























This morning I actually got applause from the school canteen staff. Apparently they're waiting every morning to see what I'm wearing - I have an audience! I guess I've established my reputation as an eccentric dresser once and for all!

Imagine what I'll be like at 70 and 80!

29 comments:

  1. Love the clash of pink ans red so much.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sacramento! It's a classic, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both outfits and your boots are fabulous!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anne! I quite in love with those boots!

      Delete
  4. Love, love the first outfit
    the colors are splendid my dear and red is good on you! where did you get the idea it did not look good on you!

    OMG plus i love the boots i want them;)

    Ariane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ariane! I just thought red was a bit overwhelming on me - maybe I have to get used to it...

      I think they still have the boots on sale, at least in UK. Maybe the US (online) store have some too?

      Delete
  5. All the colour in the first outfit is glorious - red and pink are a fabulous mix, and the jacket pulls it all together.
    How wonderful to have a reputation for dressing in an interesting way! Of course you deserve a round of applause! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Curtise! I've decided to visit the canteen kitchen first thing in the morning when I arrive at school!

      Delete
  6. Love those bright, contrasting colors together! I'll bet your co-workers really look forward to seeing you in the AM. I like your neutrals look, too, and those new boots - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patti! I guess it's hard to avoid seeing me in those bright colours!

      Delete
  7. Oh, what fun boots! And I'm glad you chose that scarf; it really is perfect with the monochromatic silvery gray.

    I'm a huge fan of red and pink together too, but, like you, haven't found the right piece(s) yet to wear it. I'm glad you finally did; I hope that means I will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Gracey! It's taken me a year to find the right top - is that patience or what? It is frustrating though, having to search everywhere for a whole year! So of course you will too, provided you don't give up!

      Delete
  8. I love your style! I really love the pink outfit because pink is my favorite color. Salivating over the ring, and the scarf in the second outfit!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life
    I'm giving away a gorgeous Soft Surroundings top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cindy! I do wear that ring a lot - the cheapest of all my treasures!

      Delete
  9. Really bold colorblocking. Red and pink look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Glee! It won't be the last time I wear it!

      Delete
  10. ah! i love it, i've been wanting to recreate sjp's look for awhile.
    Xo Megan, TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan! I can't wait to see your version!

      Delete
  11. Wow, both the bolds and the neutrals look great on you - I especially like the scarf and how you picked up the same colours in your bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Narda! I was afraid I was over-coordinating!

      Delete
  12. Wow, both the bolds and the neutrals look great on you - I especially like the scarf and how you picked up the same colours in your bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that ring is the icing on the cake

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red and pink is a match made from heaven! I am so happy that you finally found a great top to wear with your lovely skirt! I love your Birkenstock boots too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anna! Guess where I bought the top! Isn't it funny that the jacket is vintage - probably 80's, the boots are from a decade ago, the skirt last year and the top from last week - and they still suit each other! In other words - age doesn't matter!

      Delete
  15. Pink and red tick every bit of my style heart, instant love! :) But I must say you look amazing in beige as well, one of the few Id say. :) OMG those boots are from outer space!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Monica! The beige top was rather disappointing though. After a few hours of wear the fabric lost the stretch, and the top became bigger and bigger, ending up looking quite ridiculous. It's been washed (gently) a couple of times, but this hasn't happened before - strange!

      I've been wanting to do space-age-fashion for a long time, but it's hard to find clothes in that category that also fit my size and shape. The boots are just what I was looking for (and very warm with fur lining).

      Delete
  16. Oh, how wonderful for your actual applause in real life in addition to all of ours here!!! Your ring is spectacular, and I love your neutral with orange. Excellent boots! (clapclapclapclapclap) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - Thank you - Thank you! Of course you're audience too, although I tend think of you (You, Amber + everyone else following my blog) as readers. Anyway, all positive feedback is always much appreciated! I do love the boots myself, not just because of how they look, but because they're fur lined! The warmest boots ever!

      Delete