Friday 21 September 2012

Two black dresses with coloured leg wear

Considering how little black clothes I own it's surprising to see myself in black dresses twice the same week! Of course I had to add colourful leg wear and accessories.

The first dress is from this summer. I thought I could only wear it at more festive occasions but decided to try and come up with less party-oriented version.


Bad hair day, great leg day






































I like the way it shows off my curves, and offices in general can do with some more curves, right? My usual collection of bangles is missing - non of them seemed right for this dress.


The back side isn't too bad either - I love the little bow on the bolero! The hair is awful, but so much better today, which you will see in a minute!


The bolero is just the right legth!




































 

Remember you can click the photos and get larger versions of them! Coloured opaque tights  and (new) shoes are my favorite way to change an outfit. These shoes are from last year, and extremely comfortable! They already have lots of mileage!


Irregular Choice shoes and We Love Color tights


















Yesterday I was at the hairdresser to have my hair dyed. I wore old rags so any dye stains wouldn't ruin loved pieces. So, no outfit photos from yesterday!

Today, however, I was back in black! This dress is years old, and have been worn many times (and appeared an embarrassing number of times on the blog too!), with lots of different accessories.


Old knit dress






































I still can't believe the original price was less than  17 $! it has got to be the cheapest dress in my closet!The hair looks so much better today (in my opinion), and with the jeggings and the trainers, it was an incredibly comfortable outfit - I felt good!

In addition to all this my physiotherapist did a great job on my back, and the school project that was due today, went very well, and my husband called me, asking if I was up for a restaurant visit tonight!


Bangles of the day!

























Next week is going to be horribly busy! I'm trying to come up with outfits that are easy, comfortable and stylish. With the weather changing into true autumn weather - dark, wet and windy, dressing becomes even more of a challenge. Whatever I end up wearing, I'm planning on sharing it all with you, of course!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!


20 comments:

  1. I love both outfits but i prefer the second one and i think it is for you too, you look radiant in the second outfit -
    Great day you had! isn't nice when all fantastic things happened at the same time!

    Enjoy!

    Have a great weekend

    Ariane xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ariane! It's incredible when everything just works out - and I appreciate it, because most often it's the other way around!

      Delete
  2. Either my memory is failing me or you have did a great job to remix the second dress, because I can't remember that I have seen dress number two that many times, and I have read all your blog posts. Dress number one is very nice too, I wonder if that dress could be appropriate to wear in the office during your practice as it feels a little business-like. Glad to hear that you have had a good day! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anna! I haven't counted it yet - the number of times I've worn the knitted dress, but I will! I wore the second dress to school, and nobody commented - so maybe it wasn't appropriate for school! Never mind, I felt great!

      Delete
  3. I own a dress either identical or very similar to your first one - and a purple bolero sweater. Yours looks so great, I'll have to try pairing mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynne! The first dress is from H&M - and H&M being all over the place makes it highly possible that we "share" this dress! I'll have to look for you wearing it on your blog!

      Delete
  4. I love your use of color and I love the fact that all your clothes stylish AND comfortable!! Your "new" hair is gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jean! My skin is so sensitive that friction alone can provoke a rash, so nothing can be too tight, which results in slightly more comfortable clothes!

      Delete
  5. I love pair black dresses with colorful tights; you look wonderful. I love your bangles too!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gracey! I'm always adding to my bangle collection, and I actually have a new couple to show off next week!

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks great! You have the bod of a siren. Great looks with both. The colourful legs are perfect with the dress. And aren't those old standbys wonderful, re. the black dress? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Melanie! Wearing the old knitted dress is a bit like coming home!

      Delete
  7. I love the new hair - I'm thinking of a short cut myself and your blonde-blonde short do is inspiring! Your dresses are fab too, as well as the colorful tights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patti! Our hair is probably quite similar, very fine and curly - so you can definitely have it as short as mine, or something in between the current and mine. I'm looking forward to seeing your choice!

      Delete
  8. The polka dot dress is lovely, super-flattering on you, and it looks great paired with the purple cardigan and pink tights. I think it's a great way to brighten up a black dress. The second dress looks really soft and comfortable, I can see why it's an old faithful in your wardrobe, great for layering.
    Your blonder hair do looks gorgeous! Hope you are having a good weekend. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Curtise! I hope you're feeling better, and thank you for commenting! The old dress has proven one of the most versatile pieces in my wardrobe, costing next to nothing - incredible! I can change the accessories and get a whole new dress out if it, in minutes - magic!

      Delete
  9. Woooot, purple tights and jeggings, perfect to sass up a black number :) congrats on your new hairdo, you look lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Monica! I'll tell my hair dresser!

      Delete