Monday 27 August 2012

Vintage jacket and jeans

As promised in my last post I'm trying to make my 15-50 capsule wardrobe work. My first outfit is so simple: Jeans, plain, black t-shirt and a jacket. And a couple of bangles of course!


Vintage jacket from 1980's?


























I don't know why I haven't worn this jacket before - it's been in my closet for a couple of years now. It has to be the most versatile jacket I own, with all these colours.


New patent black patent shoes!







































I'm also wearing a new pair of shoes - brand new! They did hurt a bit but they're just what I've been looking for for some time now - black shoes with some personality.



Irregular Choice Kelly






















Notice how the soles are white? If I can find it I'd like to change the shoe laces - maybe for some neon coloured or lurex? I'm looking forward to wearing them with dresses or skirts and opaque tights later in the season.


The soles are slightly more visible here.







































This is a short post - I'm off to visit my mother. Tomorrow would have been my late stepfather's birthday so we're having a small ceremony where we'll spread his ashes over the sea, close to their favorite beach. That's where they shared their happiest moments so it just seems so appropriate.

For more fun you should go and see the Not Dead Yet Style blog where Patti is hosting the Visible Monday Challenge. It's always a feast for your eyes!

Have a lovely week everyone!









24 comments:

  1. Wonderful outfit - and those shoes really add some sass. I'm looking forward to your mixing of your capsule this week. Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti! It's always a pleasure to be part of Visible Monday!

      Delete
  2. That is a great jacket, especially for blogging, all those colors and possibilities! And those shoes are adorable, love that white sole. Changing the laces would be interesting. Like those watches that have changeable bands. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! Maybe I should get lots of different laces, both ordinary coloured laces, neon coloured and shimmering lurex?

      Delete
  3. this outfit is so pretty <3 as you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeans, a t-shirt and a sassy jacket, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm quite embarrassed that it's taken me so long to wear this lovely jacket!

      Delete
  5. Tine you look good as always. I really like your new hair cut too! Best Regards to you and your mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anna! The haircut was so long overdue that when it finally happened it was such a relief! A haircut should not be postponed!

      Delete
  6. May the spreading of the ashes go well. And the jacket looks fantastic with the bag. Isn't it amazing that we often find the best things already in our closets. And those shoes will be very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Terri! The ceremony went very well - everything was very quiet and beautiful, just as we wanted it.

      I can't help wondering what other treasures I have in my closet. At the moment it's so full I can hardly get things out!

      Delete
  7. I can't believe you've had that jacket for so long and tucked it away unworn. It's all your best colors. Glad to see you were inspired to wear it today for your post. And darling shoes. You have the best taste in shoes. Did I say that before? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again Joni! You do have some cute shoes too, the metallic sandals, the black sandals... I did buy a new pair of shoes yesterday, and I'll show you soon (they're for colder days).

      Delete
  8. Your vintage jacket sings and how fabulous are the 'shoes with personality.' Your colors are always a delight.

    I sure that your spreading of ashes will be memorable. It sounds like you chose the perfect site to honor your loved one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judith! As I'm a bit short on jackets I'm sure I'll wear this one often, from now on!

      Delete
  9. What a great jacket that is, it's one of my favourite pieces you chose for your capsule. Beautiful colours and a great fit. Love those shoes too.
    Hope your mum is OK, and that taking your step-dad's ashes to the sea is a comforting experience. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curtise! Having this small ceremony at sea was just what we hoped for - very quiet and beautiful. It was a great way to say our last good-byes.

      You'll be seeing more of this jacket in the days to come! It's a light weight material so it's great for this season of cold mornings and warm days.

      Delete
  10. Those shoes are a treat and really enhance the outfit. I love the colorful jacket with the darker colors too.

    I'm glad you are able to be with your mother. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jean! It all went very well, and everything was just what we hoped for.

      I think the shoes will be even better with a skirt and opaque tights, so I'm looking forward to real autumn days now - which is probably the first time in my life!

      Delete
  11. Oh I really like this look - that jacket is awesome! And those shoes are a perfect wardrobe addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison! I can think of so many outfits built around this jacket, keeping it in the closet is such a waste!

      Delete
  12. it is very versatile indeed!
    I have one similar i guess in my closet!
    Love the shoes- love the white in the heel - very original
    About the shop - Atelier - I know she has Facebook - look for Atelier Violi or Vio-Li - maybe you could ask her? you never know!
    She has cool stuff indeed - mother and daughter team they are -

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Ariane! I'll have a look at Facebook! Otherwise a visit to Canada will be on the agenda!

    ReplyDelete